Thursday, December 09, 2004

Waking up can be a rollercoaster ride

I believe it was a night in late July, a few months ago, about a month after my car accident. I'd been reading online since the accident. My ability has always been there in subtle ways, but now it appeared to be a gift that expanded after my accident. The night I decided to find out if I could read people in person, I decided to go out to dinner by myself. I wore these funky eqyptian looking dangling flat earings with an eerie looking green eye done in enamel. Thought I might as well wear the symbol of the seer. The first place I went to was a local restaurant which has a fun bar area with giant screen tv's and trivia contests. The people are normal friendly and I figured it would be a good place to meet someone off the cuff. I waited 15 minutes for the bartender to bring me the drink I ordered and a menu. My friends and I go to this place occassionally and I usually tip well. After 15 minutes, I decided it wasn't worth the wait, I walked out and decided to just head home.

On the way home.. I was drawn to pull into a funky little place that has good sandwiches. At this point I figured I'd better just eat and go home. This was the first event I had where I was diverted from one location to another for a psychic encounter. There would be others.

He was sitting at the bar with a co-worker and between him sat two people. He was actually on the corner of the bar and I was around the bend a few seats down. They had HVAC something or other on thier shirts. I ordered my sandwich and just nodded hello.

By the time I finished eating, everyone was casually chatting back and forth about general things when I finally looked at him and said "You've had an OBE, haven't you". He had a dumb look on his face and said..what is an OBE? "Out-of-body experience...you died, left your body.. came back"

The look on his face was one I'll never forget. Complete shock. He said, yes, 20 years ago. I was in a car accident, then was in a coma. How did you know? I took off one earing and tossed it over to him. When he saw it.. he got off his bar stool and backed away from the counter. It was a deja vu for him. As I found out later, he also has the sight and saw his own fathers death before it happened. We spoke for three hours. I won't go through the details, suffice it to say his father had a few things to say to him. When I felt we were finished, I was in my car, he was standing in the parking lot and the pub had closed by then. He was frozen in his spot.. couldn't move even though it was time to go.

I said to him, "You can't leave can you".. he said.. no and looked a bit sad, and he looked down at the pavement. I looked down at my lap, sighed and looked up again.. "Who's Caroline"... he said Oh Shit! and started for his truck... I'm getting a cigarette... "Grab two cause this one might take a while".

I dont' remember how long she stayed. She wanted to send love and lift his heart. He felt responsible for her death.

When we were finished, I hugged him and told him his own vision will return (he suppressed it out of fear, I think they wanted him to know that it was ok, its not something to fear).

This was the first in person encounter I had and it moved me to tears. Him too. I never saw him before that night, told him I didn't want to know his name or 'keep in touch'. What happened, happened and I did the calling I was meant to do that night, that's all.

He kept the earring.

And I realized, A New Light was inside me.