Saturday, December 11, 2004

Yes, Virginia there is a Dr. Seuss

Just got back from a nice little holiday get together with some friends. It was a nice friendly and fun evening. After a long day of motorcycle class, my sweetie was in a great mood. Like a little kid with a new toy and I'm so glad to see it in him, he deserves some joy in his life. We had a wonderful time in New York for Thanksgiving and he came back in a glorious mood. The motorcycle thing has just added the icing to his cake, except for being a bit sore. It was a 10 hour class today and the majority of it was spent on the bike.

I decided to do Reiki on him while we drove back from the party. Tonight was the first time I found out first hand what a sense of humor our 'guides' have. Well that's not exactly true, if you count the Jehova's witness that came to my door..but thats another story.

To give you the Reader's Digest version, Reiki is an ancient healing art of becoming a vessel for energy and moving energy (ki) for the greater good of another person. I discovered I had this potential about 5 months ago sometime after my car accident. I went into what is known as Kundalini Rising. I had no idea what it was or what was happening to me but I was fortunate. I mentioned some symptoms I was suffering, while in a pyschic chat room one day and a very kind, blessed and bright person pm'd me. After some dialogue with him, he mentioned what he thought it was and sent me some information. Perhaps I'll go more into some of that in a seperate entry.

Often doing hands-on Reiki work will bring images. But I just wasn't expected Dr. Seuss in Cat in the Hat as Christmas wreath. It just cracked me up. I lost concentration too and sat back against my seat breaking the reiki contact. The sensation was strong.. I felt the link and something moved between him and I, through me to the floor and back again to him.. it was pulling me back to continue the Reiki. That startled me but didn't change the humor of the situation. I continued with the Reiki. Within two minutes of being hands-on again, I got the image of these distorted goofy looking cartoon Reindeer and I just kept giggling. I managed to finish the session but it made me realize that joy permeates all layers of our presence including our higher levels.

So the next time you're feeling blue, break out those childhood memories. Your guides and your higherself will thank you. Everyone needs a laugh now and then.