Thursday, June 17, 2010

Something unexpected

You know when life gets hard the last thing you should do is give up. Its through challenges that we learn and grow. Its through accidents that we correct our path.

Some years ago I was having a difficult time finding a happy relationship. I sat at a dear friends grave and asked God what am I doing wrong. I heard a voice say STOP EVERYTHING. I was startled that I heard ANY answer but took that seriously and did just that. Stopped dating. Three days later an unexpected thing happened, a man who I had thought was just a friend brought me flowers out of the blue. We grew close and it felt beautiful. We dated for over 2 years.

My relationship became challenged. One evening I asked God, could he give me a sign if i was meant to be with this man. I decided to meet him for dinner at our favorite Italian place. Dinner went great, when I got out to my car i discovered the inner wnshield was steamed and some one wrote XOXO. I was floored. This was written on the inside of a locked car and there was no explanation for why the windshield was steamed. We hugged and kissed and made up. Somehow it was too impossible for me to believe that God sent me a sign.

Some months later, I had to face these issues again, and decided rather than work it out, I ended our relationship. I moved out of state and told God I will not date again unless it is a man I want to spend the rest of my life with. The love I felt for this man never dwindled. Two years went by. I finally told him how I felt, and he felt the same way, so he came to visit me.

Some time before he arrived I discovered the most beautiful patch of meadow tucked in the middle of Ft Lauderdale, in this meadow lives a dozen or so wild peacocks. I decided to share it with him. I said come with me, I have something to show you, you're going to see something unexpected. We got in the truck, and drove..as we approached the hidden spot, i saw a plane over head. It was the oddest thing. He was cloud writing. We got closer and I had to crane my neck now because the writing was right above us and must be four city blocks big. Suddenly we arrived...We got out of the truck and I led him to the meadow. There in front of us were half a dozen peahens and peacocks, and one was pure white. It was when we got in the field I could see what was written in the sky.
TRUST GOD.

True story.