Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Last Soldier

This was not a normal dream it was extremely vibrant, strong and so powerful I awoke to my bed trembling and was awake for hours afterward.

I was standing in the cover of thick trees. In front of me was a clearing spotted with some trees but mostly clear with low grasses. Beyond that was a line of woods and I could see that about 25 feet into those woods was a road. Beyond that road were more trees and thick shrubs and I knew the enemy was in those shrubs. Single shot gun fire was coming across at us. I knew I was a soldier and yet I had no weapon. Behind me was, what I took, was my guide. He told me what was happening as I watched it unfold, he explained.

"They're sending in the higher guard"... as our guard crouched and advanced stealthily, I asked 'why aren't they (meaning the enemy) shooting at our guard? "They (Our higher guard) have ways of not being seen, the enemy doesn't know they are there... they will advance and try to "persuade" them to stop the killing. I realized all of a sudden that these brave soldiers who were advancing for our cause had no weapons. "They must succeed," my guide said "They MUST, because if they don't, IT will begin"...

I knew what "it" was. "IT" was the BIG IT, God's final fury. I asked, 'At what point will that happen if they fail?'... He responded "when the death toll reaches 144,000". I shuddered and looked to my right. Another scene unfolded. I saw carnage in a village, gunfire everywhere.

I saw a man hanging by a rope around his neck, he was swinging and struggling because he was still alive but so much gunfire was still erupting all around him. I felt helpless, and then I saw one of our soldiers quickly and without weapon... move into position beneath the struggling man.

This brave soldier was tall, he had dark hair and strong jaw line and he looked familiar to me. He stood tall and placed the man's feet on his shoulders sufficiently giving the man enough room to relieve the pressure on his neck. I heard the zinging of bullets and then I heard the sound it made when it struck the soldiers throat. Blood began to seep, another shot hit the soldier in his chest, but he refused to buckle.

But I knew his wounds were mortal and I saw the light begin to fade in the soldiers eyes.. As it did.. I felt the ground begin to tremble violently and I yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOO. And instantly, I knew he was the 144,000th man.

I knew he was the last soldier. I woke up to my bed trembling. I asked my sweetie who lay half asleep beside me if he felt the bed tremble.. He didn't. He went back to sleep. I paced the living room for the next two hours mourning for our brave last soldier.