Saturday, June 04, 2005

Pennies from Heaven

My trip to Chicago went as expected, all went smoothly and I enjoyed the visit. While sitting in the conference room though, I felt a presence with me. I looked down and on the floor was a penny. I picked it up and remembered that someone once said pennies found are gifts from the Angels. I smiled and slipped it in my purse and when I looked back at the monitor on the conference table I saw both my name and the name of a friend scroll past on the screen.

Someone walked past the conference room and said he had this darn song in his head over and over and couldn't get rid of it. Had no idea why he was even thinking about it. I smiled again and thought, ok..who's here. I noticed several more small coincidences, and found pennies at each place.

On the way to the airport he talked to me. It was a friend who passed away a year and a half ago. He told me he knew he was going to cross over and wore his moccasins that day for the occassion. He was a construction worker and always wore steeltoed shoes.

As for the coincidences, he told me he left the pennies and they were Pennies from Heaven. He also said I had a task to do but wouldn't elaborate.

In line at the airport, he played a game of "knuckles" with me. I never heard of the game before. "Knuckles white and knuckles brown, knuckles up or knuckles down". We watched as people handed their boarding passes to the security checkpoint. He said it was an indication of personality traits in people. A sign of self assurance.

My friend was part Cherokee, and as I boarded the plane I wondered, why would he come to me in Chicago. Moments later, as I stepped into the plane, I overhead a conversation in the cockpit. The pilot turned to his co-pilot and said, "you know 100 years ago Chicago was still mostly indians". I had no idea, I wonder if that's true.

I told my sweetie about the pennies. He told me I was his penny from heaven. We love you Roger, we miss you...Life is good.