Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Our Personal Trinity

You know how you’re walking through life and all of a sudden something so complicated becomes so simple in your mind. You finally wake up inside and say.. NOW I get it. There are many things out on the Internet that talk about your soul mate, and about how life is give and take.

I walked many paths but I never seemed to find true balance in my life, until now. You don’t really know what it is until you do experience it. You can read story after story or self-help books day in and out and still not grasp it until you finally reach out and connect with someone completely.

Finding your soul mate isn’t about finding that one in a million type person who will spark your flame. Flames come and go. I asked my grandmother on her 75th wedding anniversary.. “How did you make it last?” She replied with all the disdain she could muster “Oh I don’t know what all the fuss is about.. I just stayed”

I sit next to my sweetheart on the sofa, and I feel my heart beat, we lay closely together, or his head on my lap and I can feel his heart beat. I noticed something important. There is another heartbeat. It’s one we share. Its there.. its subtle, sometimes it’s a heart beat and sometimes it’s a rhythmic song that makes us flow tighter in unison. I’m not talking about a sexual moment, this is a unison that an orchestra feels when music is going smoothly and drives its song to our very core.

I realized something tonight. I recognized this third heartbeat in a pair of friends of mine. It’s the rhythm of the unit of ONE. This is the “One-ness” that exists when two physical beings meet on more than just a spiritual plane. This event can happen in a spiritual place, a sexual place, a physical place or emotional place. They recognize that wondrous moment, and realize that there really is beauty in creation and in all things.

Oh we may part and begin to doubt what we felt, what we saw, what we knew without even asking. Our minds begin to play the “what if” or “what did” or “what would” and doubts begin to assail us. But then we are together again and in an instant all that is gone again and we realize something important.

We are ONE, we may be separate in the physical world and this is where we have free will. But we are ONE in the spiritual world. This IS where the Ying meets the Yang; this is the beauty of love in complete harmony and fluid motion. The key is recognizing this love in its purest form by accepting and having faith in our oneness, yet also supporting and understanding our individuality on the physical plane.

We then accept our duality of our self, our individuality on the physical plane and how our two bodies are actually one body that is combined into the female and male essence on the spiritual planes; this is our personal holy trinity. We can live and explore the duality of the planes and learn, blossom and grow together in eternity rhythm. If you listen closely you’ll hear the third heartbeat.

That is the Personal Trinity.